What is the Best New Compact Car?
Vehicle awards are not limited to just auto-related entities such as the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Picks or Car and Driver’s 10Best list. Helping families find the vehicle that meets all of their needs, Good Housekeep has released its pick for 2017’s Best New Compact, the 2017 VW Golf GTI.
Good Housekeeping is a women’s magazine, known for its articles on recipes, diets, health and all topics targeted at women. Providing women with the information they find important when shopping for any new thing, the magazine also incorporates product awards such as the Best New Compact award, giving its readers a review from a woman’s point of view.
[bscolumns class=”one_half”][/bscolumns][bscolumns class=”one_half_last”][/bscolumns][bscolumns class=”clear”][/bscolumns]
“GH’s engineers have never tested a more practical compact,” said Good Housekeeping. “The Golf won on combined miles per gallon and also got top marks for visibility, a sleek but roomy interior and a tight suspension that helped it hug the road, even going over bumps.”
Reasons Why the 2017 Golf GTI is the Best
- Great value. The 2017 Golf GTI has a starting MSRP of $25,595.
- Highly Efficient. The hatchback gets up to 34 miles per gallon on the highway and 24 miles to the gallon in the city.
- It’s practical. Drivers have easy access to the compact’s 42.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the front seats through its five doors.
- It’s fun to drive. The Golf GTI is extremely responsive being fit with a 2.0L TSI turbo engine that produces 210 horsepower.
- Keeps drivers connected. The 2017 Golf GTI comes with Volkswagen Car-Net App-Connect, Bluetooth and a number of other technologies for convenience and connectivity.
Stop in to Capistrano Volkswagen today to get behind the wheel of your own 2017 VW Golf GTI. You can also schedule a test drive with the Good Housekeeping pick online at your convenience from your laptop, phone or any mobile device.